Hepatocellular Research Registry
This is a registry of human hepatocytes (liver cells) for research purposes.
- Eligible Ages
- Over 18 Years
- Eligible Genders
- Accepts Healthy Volunteers
- Persons undergoing partial hepatectomy/liver surgery for any reason.
- Persons with known HIV, hepatitis B virus (HBV), or hepatitis C virus (HCV)
- A diagnosis of hepatocellular carcinoma without negative serologies
- A diagnosis of cholangiocarcinoma, where the total bilirubin has ever been greater or equal to 3.0
- The presence of a biliary drainage tube
- Active sepsis
- Study Type
- Observational Model
- Ecologic or Community
- Time Perspective
- NCT ID
- Vanderbilt University
Study ContactCarla M Ramsey, RN, BSN
Patients scheduled for partial hepatectomy/liver surgery are asked permission to use their discarded liver tissue for purposes of studying:
1. how drugs/medicines affect the liver and
2. the effects of storing liver cells in the cold or freezing.