Registry for Participants With Short Bowel Syndrome
This is a global prospective, observational, multi-center registry to evaluate the long-term safety profile for participants with short bowel syndrome (SBS) who are treated with teduglutide in a routine clinical setting. The registry will also evaluate the long-term clinical outcomes in participants with SBS. SBS participants treated and not treated with teduglutide will be enrolled.
- Short Bowel Syndrome
- Eligible Ages
- All ages
- Eligible Genders
- Accepts Healthy Volunteers
- Male and female participants, of any age, with a diagnosis of short bowel syndrome (SBS).
- Signed informed consent and medical records release by the participant or a legally acceptable representative
- Participants who have never received teduglutide treatment must be on parenteral nutrition (PN)/intravenous (IV) fluids support for at least 6 months at the time of enrollment.
- Participants currently participating in a blinded clinical trial or their extension studies.
- Participants who have never been on PN/IV support.
- Participants who are currently or previously exposed to any Glucagon-like peptide 2 (GLP-2) analogs other than teduglutide.
- Study Type
- Observational [Patient Registry]
- Observational Model
- Time Perspective
|Teduglutide treated||SBS participants who have been treated with teduglutide.|
|Non-teduglutide treated||SBS participants who have not been treated with teduglutide.|
Study ContactShire Contact
22-APR-2020: Enrollment of new participants into this study continues according to discretion and availability of sites during the COVID-19 situation, however, enrollment of new sites has been paused due to the COVID-19 situation. The duration of this pause is dependent on the leveling and control of the COVID-19 pandemic.